Skip to main content

8/8/22

 I woke up and decided to make it a point to make Paul laugh this morning. While he was sleeping, I left him a lovely surprise in the toilet. Not that kind of surprise. I am not a total pig. Just a partial one. When he puts the lid up to pee, he gets a nice little compliment.

While at work, I got a call from the local hospital, nsaying that Ethan needs a chest X-ray before he gets his MRI of his head on Wednesday. Ugh! Really? 

Now I have to rearrange my schedule and Ethan’s schedule because of THEIR poor planning. I asked why. Why did he need the x-Ray? WHY? The woman didn’t know.

All I kept thinking was, at my work, we do chest x-rays on animals a lot to look for metastasis. Imagine my stomach traveling up my esophagus up and coming out my mouth. Because that was how I felt. The actual stomach!

We ended the call and I had a bunch of rolling clouds in my stomach, maybe a thunder and lightening storm. It makes no sense. This kid has been imaged inside and out……and sideways.

My phone rang again….it was the lady. She said that she asked why Ethan needed an x-ray. They said it was because Ethan has a history of  having a pacemaker and defibrillator. They want to make sure there aren’t any wires in his heart. Seems thorough. However, that heart was removed and completely replaced. They still want us to play the game. So we will comply and get the stupid X-ray.

Luckily, they are open later so neither one of us will have to take time off from work or school. But it is still a pain in the ass and what I would consider a “stupid” formality with all the imaging that has been done in the past.

Avery and I went to the store and grabbed our meals for the week. Then let the dogs run around the yard and play chase.

Surprisingly for a Monday, the day ended well.

Comments

  1. and Monday is now behind us. The next Monday brings along a week of relaxation and fun 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your concern was understandable !

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you should sell those toilet underlid stickers, I would buy one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment