Skip to main content

08/31/22

Do you ever have one of those days that goes completely NOT as planned? I had that day today. I don’t mean it in a bad way either, I mean in a great way.

Avery took her driver’s test. This is the third time. The first time, the driving evaluator was so nice, gave her helpful and coaching advice. She took the test again with making corrections as the previous evaluated had directed. 

She felt really good about her test. When I got in the car after her test, I noticed a yucky smell. Mr. Driving evaluator had a stinky butt…or something that smelled like swampy rear end. I dubbed him Mr. Yukbutt. Mr. Yuckbutt told her she did a good job.

When she found out her score later, after perfectly complete oh her K turn and parallel parking, he failed her for “not being in control of the vehicle”, amongst a few other things. Avery was so bummed. 

We came up with some bright sides…” at least you don’t make people’s cars smell like yuckbutt.”

Test number 3 today. The driving evaluator didn’t crack a smile. She wasn’t friendly.  Avery did so well. For the rest the f the day, Avery was wondering if she passed. She had to wait until it was posted at 6:00 pm, to get her result.

She took the criticism constructively. We then worked on fine tuning her stops, accelerations, left turns.

Tactful criticism can be quite useful. Avery has the emotional maturity of an adult. She handled it very well.

I was proud of her today, she did it. 

I am pooped.

Comments

Post a Comment