Skip to main content

9/13/22

I can’t be an advocate for advocating, enough. When something isn’t right, speak up. You don’t need to be nasty, condescending, passive aggressive or anything else unfavorable. You can point out/ challenge what you need to. If it falls on deaf ears and can’t elicit change, you change. Change your presentation, change your approach, who your advocating to or change by physically leaving the situation. You always have that power. Life will work out the way it is supposed to. That is my Ted Talk for today.

Avery finally got her drivers license in the mail today. My favorite part wasn’t the cuteness of her smiling face, it was the little words at the bottom….”Organ Donor”. I am proud of her. 

I tweaked my back a bit this afternoon. I went to grab onto a dogs harness and the dog started aggressively scream barking and trying to bite. I move quickly and my reflexes kept me safe….those jarring movements did NOT feel good. I have been even more sore ever since…..Tylenol just doesn’t cut it, but it is kidney safe. I don’t want to lose my good and only kidney.

So away it throbs. Reminding me (not so gently) that my back sucks.  My stretching and exercises aren’t offering much relief. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.




Comments

  1. Thank for the advocating for advocating. It's an important reminder.
    Sorry about your back, that sucks. But good work keeping up with the PT as best you can. Hopefully that is keeping it from being worse.
    Yay for Avery! My license says that, too. But my picture's surely not as cute as hers.
    🌻🌻🌻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment