Skip to main content

9/5/22


Labor Day! A day that is to celebrate the working people. A day to remember how far we have come with our working conditions since 1894. The bigger question looming over all of us, can you wear white pants after Labor Day? Answer: you can do whatever you want, because you are an adult. You are welcome.

We made it home. It was a drizzly drive. I would much rather drive home in drizzle than camp in it. We are winding down the camping season, one more trip planned.  The next few weekends will be busy though.

I accomplished a lot when I got home and then eventually petered out. I found myself curled up on the couch.

Ethan had a productive weekend. He welded a bigger frame on the back of his go-kart. This was done to house a larger engine. Go big or go home.

Avery is amping up for school to start. I have never been the parent that wishes their kids back to school. I have enjoyed them being home. 

I am trying to mentally prepare for my new working adventure while tying up loose ends with my current position. I don’t really know what my days are going to look like. I know it will sort itself out as I go. Also, making my own schedule is crazy and blowing my mind a little. This will be a huge adjustment. I was also thinking about how my coworkers make me laugh. I know that I will have new coworkers, but it just won’t be the same.

My next project is getting my “home office” or computer nook, ready to house a few monitors and some computer equipment. I am slapping a bit of paint on the wall and reorganizing the area so that I know where my office supplies are. Right now it is being used as a catchall for junk.

It’s weird to think we are headed towards fall and we don’t have a transplant looming over us. That’s one fall in a row. Ha!



Comments

  1. Those new coworkers- mainly Phin, Jim, Penny, Ferg, and Theo- will definitely make you laugh 😆
    It will be an adjustment but a positive one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment