Skip to main content

11/3/22

Today was busy for me. I had some phone interviews, meetings to attend and then a co-worker happy hour. The coworker happy hour was done on zoom. It was pretty cool because I see these people daily but don’t have the opportunity to talk around the “water cooler” so to speak. 

We had an hour to socialize with a drink of our choice, I chose beer. I then got thinking…..does it really mean I could bring an alcoholic beverage? Will I be evaluated on what I am consuming? Ugh! Happy hour to me, means an alcoholic beverage. I am going to cautiously choose this route.

I selected my beer of choice. I had it off camera and chose to put it in a koozie. This way it could just look like a soda. I showed up at the meeting…as the new girl (I wasn’t able to attend the last meeting last month). Immediately they asked what I was drinking. “Sparkling water” I proudly declared. I am not falling for their trap. “What flavor” well crap….pick a flavor Patti…..pick a flavor…..long pause….screw it. “Beer flavored.” Who am I kidding? I am who I am. Accept it or not. “It’s actually a specialty beer flavored sparkling water….it’s an IPA.”

At this point I will either get punished or celebrated. Luckily I saw a few of my coworkers raise their cans of beer and cheers me. Ok…I can hang with this group.

I worked outside for the entire afternoon. I needed some sunshine therapy. I brought some coworkers outside. They were lazy. One was sleeping on the job, the other was eating on the job.



I reminded Ethan and avery of their dentist appointment next week. Ethan immediately put his guard up and asked why he had to go. He told me they were just going to find something wrong and then want to do surgery or pull teeth.

I suspect he is worried about his oral hygiene. I suspect it isn’t his 100% best everyday. I explained how the mouth is the gateway to the organs and how important it is to have regular dental check ups, especially with his other medical conditions. He still didn’t want to go.

Pick your battles wisely right? I told him if he didn’t want to go he would have to call to cancel. He tried today but it was after closing time. Monday it is.

Then avery and I went shopping. Normally I pick my groceries up, but I didn’t have time to go order them, so avery and I had to just shop the store. 

I shop at Aldi. I walked in and instantly was reminded why I don’t like to shop. Too many people. I had my sour puss face on, Then someone walked up from behind me and put their hand on my shoulder. Ugh! I did all the right things. It was our dental hygienist. I love her! She knows how I feel about shopping. She is a friend and was just messing with me. I loved it. What are the odds it was her. She is the kindest and sweetest person ever. What a gift.

Comments

  1. It’s a sign! The dental hygienist after the battle w Ethan going to the cleaning appt. He has to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment