Skip to main content

11/9/22

 It was chilly this morning. But the day shaped up nice. I had a competition at work today to see who could source the most candidates in an hour. There are prizes. I am not sure when the winners are announced, but they get a gift card. I am crossing my fingers as I am competitive, plus the least experienced on the team.

I spent some time on the phone with the finance department of the Hospital in NYC because I am still getting bills from December 2020. They are bills I haven’t gotten before. Where did they come from? Really? You wait almost 2 years?

When I finally got to discuss my bill, they declined to discuss it without Ethan’s approval. Luckily he was home. He had to get on and give approval. I could feel myself getting heated. “We filled out a form to allow me to discuss his bills, is that form not valid anymore.” There was a long pause as she said she didn’t see a form. She fumbled with her words. I know it isn’t her fault, but I don’t understand. It seems like an alert could be created to pop up when we call. 

She asked me for Ethan’s insurance card from 12/20. He hasn’t had that insurance in over a year. I do t keep the cards. Again, I know that they scanned it. Why do they need me to come up with a number? The level of frustration is mind boggling. I had to try very hard not to take it out on the very person that was trying to help me.

She then had to “do some investigating” and would call me back. I never received that call today. I know there is a very full chart to sort through.

Ethan has still not made an effort to look into replacing our window. He also has not come up with a solution for removing his go kart from the garage. He isn’t trying to actively come up with a solution.  My patience is running thin. Paul and s upset.

I have placed the call and we are trying to be placed in family counseling. It seems no one will take us. There are no openings. The EAP has reached out to several places around Rochester and we keep getting declined because of no appointments available. So then what? They are still looking for us.

Lastly, Avery tried to burn the house down by placing her tortilla chips in the air fryer to make them “crunchy”. When she went to check on them, smoke was spilling out of the air fryer and the chips were black. We had to open all of our windows, I practiced my stop, drop, and roll, just in case. I turned on the fart fan in each bathroom and the smoke was still thick. Paul, in combination of dealing with the Ethan situation, was not at all pleased. 



Paul did a lot of huffing and breathing. He had several sighs of annoyance and snide comments. I was making fun of him of course. Sometimes life happens and you burn some chips. 

There is a lot of tension in the house. There is a lot of tension in my brain. I appreciate everyone’s comments.



Comments

  1. Is fart fan a new york thing? Hoping this comment will give you a laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the updated Snuffy the Fire Engine guidance is "stop, drop, cover your face, and roll". Wouldn't want those smoky chips to burn your pretty faces. What a day... Insurance in this country SUCKS. you deserve the Peace Prize for keeping your cool through all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To keep your sense of humor after a day like this..amazing! Bright spot? The house did not burn down~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment