Skip to main content

12/14/22

 As you go about your day, remember that there are people losing loved ones this time of year. There are people incredibly ill. I was feeling sorry for myself that my sciatica was so bad. Today I paused and was thankful I was able to work despite it and my situation wasn’t worse.

I had a productive work day. Then entire day I kept hearing a lot of shenanigans from Ethan’s bedroom. At one point I heard a machine type noise. He later came down with our Roomba (we named him Chauncey). I swear Chauncey was eating all the dirt in his room for like an hour.

His room looked amazing when he was done. I walked in and didn’t even recognize it.

As I am learning in the book I am reading, I am supposed to be working on verbally affirming Ethan. I put forth no effort as the affirmations poured out of my mouth. “Wow! This looks amazing”. Ethan cracked a little bit of a smile. That is progress.

I will continue working on reading my homework and trying to apply the techniques. Fingers crossed it will work, or I will get my money back.


Comments

  1. I'm going to give you some affirmation too... "Wow... You are amazing. I'm incredibly inspired by you and how you approach life and your family." xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with steadyvt, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, you are right about people losing loved ones. A great friend and person lost the love of her life on this day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment