Skip to main content

12/15/22

I walked in to Avery’s room this morning with my coffee in one hand, Jiminy in the other, and Phineas right beside me. I actually accidentally woke her up. Apparently he alarm didn’t go off. 

Every morning we have this wonderful little routine of me drinking my coffee on her bed and sharing tok Tom’s with her. We have a bit of mindless chatter. When the dogs are with us, we laugh at them. I completely enjoy every second of it. Then she leaves for school and I have to be an adult.

 Today I went into hyper speed work mode. With all these new positions to hire for I had to get cracking. Cracking I did. Now I have to sit back and wait to see what happens. I am hopeful my hard work pays off. 

Ethan and I were home together all day. He stayed in his room. He came down to eat but I was on the phone. It’s so weird that he wants to be so secluded. Later tonight he came down to refill his huge water silo he slings around. I walked by and gave him a little shoulder rub. It’s weird that we have such little communication. I have made progress in my “understand your teen” book. I am trying to absorb it all and see how I can apply some techniques. I know I am over thinking it. It’s just really important.

I moved one of my bird feeders so I could watch the naughty squirrels steal the seeds. It hasn’t disappointed me yet. The squirrel has so much junk in his trunk he can barely make it up the pole. It is a welcomed break when I peak out and see him visiting. There is actually like 4 of them, but I just pretend it is the same one every time.

I was glad Avery drove home from school before it got too nasty out. I don’t want her to be anxious while driving  or get into an accident. I want her to be comfortable and everyone to keep their cars away from hers. Is that too much to ask?

Jiminy spent time on his tuffet in front of the fire today, snuggled up warm, living the big headed, chihuahua life. For such a little guy he brings us big joy.

Every night when I go to bed, I had him over to Paul, so that Paul can continue to spoil him. Jiminy is a bright spot!






Comments