Skip to main content

12/20/22

 Ethan was home all day. We exchanged a few words. “Good morning” that was met with a grunted “hi”….which, I will point out, still counts as acknowledgment.

I am supposed to be airy and non-parenty when I interact with him. I have been putting off telling him he is due for more bloodwork. 

“Hey Ethan, at some point this week the transplant team wants you to get your labs done.” That was as airy as I could get….and I even practiced in my head, ahead of time. It just seems so unnatural, but I am following the directions the best that I can.

“I am not getting labs done anymore.” He said very straightforward and blunt.

I just left it at that. I will circle back tomorrow and let him know (as it was modeled for me) that I have an opening in my schedule if he wants me to take him, or he can go at his convenience. We do this song and dance every time we go. I wish these drugs would regulate all ready. This is so old.

Tomorrow is work, chiropractor, therapy and then blood donation. I am worried I am going to be super uncomfortable during the blood donation because of my damn sciatica. I have been practicing trying to become more tolerant to the pain. Pain is only a state of mind, I tell myself. But pain still makes me limp, so I don’t think it is working too well.

My bright spot was watching Tubby the squirrel eat out of my bird feeder. They are so naughty and it makes me giggle.






Comments