Skip to main content

12/29/22

Today was another flat day. FLAT! 5 more days until my consult. Ugh! Sometimes I wonder if I can make it another 5 days with this horrific pain. Then a consult. I hope they have a quick turn about time for treatment. I wonder if humane euthanasia will be one of the treatment options. If I were a dog, I would wander out in the woods and just die on my own. However if I were a dog, I may also opt to gnaw my leg off and that just seems gross. Maybe I should focus on the other treatments they may offer.

I actually am maintaining an optimistic outlook. I am feeling fairly calm and hopeful that I can be fixed.  That may be naive of me, but it could just be my coping skill.

Thankfully work was busy today. It makes the day go faster, keeps my brain stimulated and gives me purpose which is important.

My mom came over to visit. She brought us items for dinner. I opened my Christmas presents from her. Of course I was spoiled. I am wearing my new soft Jammie’s with dogs on them. So soft and comfy! It is interesting how much of an impact comfort items have in stressful situations. Thanks Mom and Gene.

Avery pulled dinner together and brought my plate to me. Ethan kept the fire going today. Phineas showered me with his ability to get as close to me as possible, fall asleep and keep me warm (make me choke) with his dog farts. Such a sweet and thoughtful dog.

I kept up the physical therapy and have an appointment first thing in the morning. I will be loaded into the trunk of the van. I told Paul that I now understand how the people in “my 600 pound life” must feel. I mean it is such a hassle to travel.

Avery and I watched tv together and made snarky remarks about the people on the screen. I find this more comical that whatever is on tv.

I survived another day.  I can do this. I have to keep my eye on the prize. The prize for me is sitting and standing. 








Comments

  1. Yes! You can do this! Both Shawn, my dad and aunt experienced the awful, horrific pain you are having and after surgery, they were relieved of the pain. You will be relieved too! You got this... you got this... you got this! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment