Skip to main content

12/30/2022

 


Ahhhhh…look….those were the days I could sit.  Happy Birthday Paul! For Paul’s birthday, he had to set his alarm on his day off and heave me into the trunk and take me to physical therapy at 7:30 am. What a precious gift I am to him! Ha!

I had my physical therapy session. I am trying to maintain what little muscle mass I have as I have been laying now for so long. The physical therapist said that you lose 3% muscle mass with each passing day of non-movement.

I worked for a bit and then took a break. I have tried to distance myself from the Walker. I was upright long enough to heat up some chili and carry it to the couch. It was painful but I did it. I also walked unassisted to the bathroom.

Independence has always been something I have strived for. I HATE relying on others. It’s so annoying. I want to be the one to help, not BE the one helped. I just have to accept it and move on.  I appreciate all the help we have received. I wish I didn’t need it.

I did some deep thinking recently. I am thankful this job came along when it did. It is as if the stars aligned for me knowing I was going to have this medical event. It is another way to celebrate things we just don’t fully understand.  I firmly believe things happen for a reason. We may not understand in the moment, but hindsight becomes a valuable tool for appreciation.

I am in a really good place mentally despite my handicapped. I am thankful for my family and friends and trust that this will get better. It will nothing but a distant memory at some point. 

I was unable to do much for Paul’s birthday. Where I fell short, Avery picked up the slack. She made a nice meal of Turkey sliders. They were so good. Then we had a visit from a friend that brought over some delicious ice cream.

As the evening wore on, my leg was just throbbing. Even while I was laying down. I was quite uncomfortable. 

I took my pills and am preparing for a deep slumber. Hopefully more comfortable. Happy birthday Paul. 


Comments

Post a Comment