Skip to main content

12/9/22

 Today I called the doctor. My pain was pretty significant….which I am no sissy….and I called my do tor’s office. They told me to schedule they would be about to get me in for 4-6 weeks. They said to schedule a telemedicine visit. I did. An hour later I met with a doctor.

1. Having sciatica pain. 2. Prefer not to take meds and save my kidney. 3. Have been actively doing physical therapy exercises at home. 4. Would like an MRI.

She told me that the insurance company wouldn’t approve an MRI without 6 weeks of physical therapy AND chiropractic work. I asked what my chances were of becoming paralyzed if I went to a chiropractor with. A bulging disk. She said it shouldn’t be a problem. She followed up with if I become incontinent with my urinary or fecal content (Um…..what?) go to the ER. You better believe I would.

There was more back and forth and it was so aggravating. So I will do the physical therapy. I am a bit nervous about the chiropractor, and then go from there. Ugh. What a game.

This evening we went to look at Christmas lights. We saw so many houses decorated with Christmas spirit and love. We had dinner at Genesse Brewing and saw the keg tree. It was a fun evening. I am so thankful to be home for the holidays. These little activities are so meaningful having been away the last two Christmas’s.



Comments