Skip to main content

1/11/23

I haven’t seen Ethan all week. He comes out of his room long enough to go to the bathroom, get some food, and occasionally get wood for the fire. We exchange hello’s. He is so guarded with his feelings he just doesn’t want to let anyone in. He does talk to his friends regularly via text. I am thankful for that.

He continues to work, it’s their slow season, so not as much as he used to. He is worried about supplementing his current job because he knows the slow season will be over soon. He continues to go to therapy, I am hoping it is helping him. I can’t have any contact with the therapist because of HIPPA and he is an adult.

I know this will pass. I do miss him. When he does smile his whole face lights up. 

I received yet another call today from the hospital regarding charges from December 2020. They don’t have the insurance information on file from 2020….and they keep trying to bill Ethan’s current insurance. Ethan’s current insurance immediately poo poos the charges because it is not within the date of assumed care. The services are from before.

Can you believe that the lady got upset with me that I didn’t have Ethan’s insurance card from 2020 at my immediate disposal? I asked her how long she had worked at her job. She said “almost a year”. I asked her if she had her insurance cards from 2020. Her time changed really quick. I actually have the information. It is in my filing cabinet in the basement. I just can’t do the stairs. Clearly this is a non-urgent matter as it has been over two years since the services were rendered. There has to be an easier way. 

I sent it on to my liaison at the insurance company and asked her to resolve it for me. I will see what she comes up with.

The day was pretty dull otherwise. Dull isn’t always bad. Avery, Paul and I had some good time together. Paul was cracking me up with inappropriate jokes. Those are my favorite.


Comments

  1. inappropriate jokes while cuddling with a cute, stuffed penis. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment