Skip to main content

1/13/2023



No matter how old I get I will never under appreciate the beauty of freshly fallen snow. I love watching the big flake slowly floating down. They always have a little shimmer to them like they are made of teeny tiny diamonds. I love how the trees collect the snow on the branches it is so pretty.

Today I had my monthly pharmacy call to make for one of Ethan’s medications. If I made Ethan do these calls, he would just not do it and forego taking it.  It’s kind of an important one, so that isn’t an option. 

This medication comes from a specialty pharmacy. A specialty pharmacy has medications that regular pharmacies don’t carry. The specialty pharmacy is for people with complex and chronic medical conditions. Ethan should be their poster child.  My monthly phone call usually takes about 30 minutes.

To be able to talk to this pharmacy, we had to have Ethan give verbal permission over the phone and submit a form. Each call, they go through a series of medical questions to verify address, date of birth etc. they ask about hospitalizations, medications, doses and frequency, they ask about insurance information. I have to listen to some information stating that we are getting a generic drug which is costly but not as costly as the name brand. This medication used to require a signature when it was delivered but we would never be home. Then it got down to where he needed the medication but we weren’t home to receive it and it just wasn’t working.

I had to make several phone calls to advocate for no signature. I spoke with many people and filled out a form, gave verbal consent etc. we finally got it straightened around. As luck would have it, now I am always home. Ha ha.

It came time to go to my appointment. Ethan was quite punctual. I am not surprised, he is a kid that has always been very aware of the time. He shoveled a path for me to walk without slipping or falling all on his own. He pre-warmed the van for me. Because there was a bit of snow, he said “it’s too bad I am not in the jeep so I could drift around corners.” “Oh geez! Don’t do that. I am not strapped in back here!” He laughed. My heart was warm. That’s the kid I know. Very caring.

He took all the corners tenderly and did gradual stops so my head didn’t slam into the back of the base of the seat.

The appointment went fine. We did blood work, EKG and lots of questions.  Ethan said it was so weird to be on the other side of the appointment. He didn’t have to answer any questions. He didn’t have to talk about how he was feeling or talk at all.  He was at ease. He did talk though. He was even smiling. One of the nurses liked cars. So they were chatting about car stuff.

Afterward, he carefully drove me home. Soft corners, gradual stops. I thanked him profusely.

As the day came to an end, I am thankful for the time I had with Ethan today.

Comments

  1. ♥️♥️♥️ I'm glad you had a good experience with Ethan and that he took such good care of you! 💛💛💛

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment