Skip to main content

1/16/23

Phineas has been very vocal and whiney the past several days. We have tried to see what the issue is. He has been out. He has water, all of his basic needs are met. I figured it was because he hasn’t gotten the exercise he had gotten pre-flatness. So I have chalked up up to his 13 plus years of life and no exercise.

This morning I got up and the house was quiet. I went to the bathroom and when I came back, Phineas was laying in my spot on the couch. He is not allowed on the couch. He knows this. Especially not when he is not getting his weekly baths. I have super nose and I don’t want my couch to smell like dog. 

I looked at his beautiful brown eyes that looked up at me and his sad “oops I forgot” expression. How do you get mad at that. I moved his bed next to me on the couch. I prewarmed his bed with the heating pad, and prewarmed his blanket. No. He is not spoiled. Of course he is spoiled. He has been a trusted friend and child safety officer for almost his entire life.

He snuggled in and laid right down. I think his out of sorts whining has been this problem. After about the first week on the couch, I moved his bed back across the room. He has always taken good care of his family.


Soon I will be fixed my friend. 

Tomorrow I am excited to get to visit with my Florida buddy. She didn’t go either. I am very excited to see her. 

I rode the half hour in the trunk to get my Covid test. Then ride another 30 minutes home. Annoying! The doctor’s office said that if I didn’t get my Covid test done on the other side of town, they were going to cancel my surgery. They didn’t care I had to ride flat. They didn’t care that I have a drug store literally 4 miles away.  This had to be a “particular” Covid test.  My guess is that they had too many people set up for surgeries that didn’t follow the Covid testing rules and they had to cancel surgeries.  Cancelled surgeries means lost money….just a guess.

My in laws met us there and dropped off some yummy dinner for us. I thought that was so nice. 

Avery and I spent the evening watching tv. Because that is really all I can do if I am not working. I did enjoy our time together.

My bright side is that Thursday is coming quick. 😊


Comments

Post a Comment