Skip to main content

1/21/2023

I woke up a bit rough today. I was so sore. I took small and shuffled steps to let the dogs out. But I was able to stand without my leg hurting. I found myself in the kitchen. Just staring at the coffee pot. I don’t know how long I had been there staring at it, but I asked myself “what are you doing?” I made some coffee, let the dogs in and laid back down. Oooof! Very sore.

As the day went on, I found there were a lot of things that were difficult for me to do. Standing for too long left my legs wobbly. 

Going up the one stair from the den to the living room was difficult as I have not done stairs in a month. All those muscles are gone. 

Trying to roll from my back to my side, they cut through the muscles I use for that motion and it is almost impossible to turn on my side.

At the last minute, Paul decided to stay home from his fraternity weekend to help take care of me. I was very thankful for that because there have been a few times I have needed help getting off the couch.

I had Paul remove the thin tegaderm patch over my incision. Underneath was the doctor’s scribbles as well as steri strips. I asked him how he thought it looked. “Looks like the doctor extended your butt crack up your back.”  “That sounds hot.” I told him. 

My medicine gives me brain fog. There have been a few times I just find myself standing somewhere and I have wondered how I had gotten there.

I ended up taking a nap to help with the brain fog. It did help a little. I have been icing my incision area and been laying down. 

I did cough once or twice and that was not pleasant. Towards the end of the day, I am far more sore than I was this morning. My poor muscles were sliced and diced and need some conditioning after they heal properly. Until I am healed, I will just have to practice patience.


Avery and her friend made pizzelles. They were really good. She also made stuffed shells, meatballs and garlic bread. Yum! 

Paul stayed home from his fraternity event. I was thankful for this as I needed help getting up off the couch a few times. He also helped by grabbing things for me. I can’t bend over to get ice packs out of the freezer yet.  He was the one swapping out all my ice packs for the cold ones.

Happy Birthday Dario!!!

Comments

Post a Comment