Skip to main content

1/5/23

 I made it through my bellyaching phase yesterday. My pitty party is now over and I can regularly attend my life in a somewhat productive way. My migraine is gone and I took enough medication to sedate a grizzly bear (all within the prescribed dose, don’t worry) just to get a good nights sleep.

I reached out today to see if there was anything else I could do or take to manage the pain. I quite literally begged for a solution. I asked for the cortisone injection to get me through until surgery.

Hell triumphed over me yesterday and I don’t like to lose. I was able to get ahold of the PA at the Dr.‘s office. We discussed a cortisone injection but most pain clinics are booking out months. With that off the table, I got a stronger dose of steroids to help reduce the inflammation (since NSAIDS aren’t so nice to my kidney).

Avery picked up my medication for me so that I could start it right away. She is such a good kid. 

I have my pre-op scheduled. Ethan is taking me to that. I told him he could just wait in the car and he responded with “ why would I sit in the car if you are having trouble walking?” I have my Covid test scheduled. I am ready. I hope they call me sooner. Surgery in 14 days.


Comments

  1. Every day is 1 day closer. I'm sending all the positive energy. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to a sooner date! Fingers are crossed. And Ethan's response -- what a gift 💙
    Keep kicking Hell hard in the balls! Repeatedly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... it's so heartwarming that Ethan gets to take care of you now and wants to help you! That is the sweetest. One more day down.... closer to relief.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment