Skip to main content

2/12/2023

 Super Bowl Sunday. I am not really a football fan. I did watch the game, sort of. We had it on and I was doing “work”. I have a busy day tomorrow and needed to get some stuff done for work to get my week set up favorably.

Some commercials made me laugh or amused me. I was blown away by the simple but excellent National Anthem. Wow!

Normally I cringe when someone steps up to sing the National Anthem because I don’t enjoy the overly dramatic, trying to hit 9 octaves, reverb singing.

Chris Stapleton’s version gave me goosebumps. 

The half time show wasn’t my “cup of tea” but I did appreciate the visually stimulating elevated platform and use of color. I did know all of the songs she sang, BUT I am in the group with all the other Gen X-ers….last years half time show will be hard to beat for me. Just my opinion.

We made it home from our get-away. Back to reality. I have my post op appointment this week. I am hoping to be cleared for physical therapy. I am finding that if I sit too long that my sciatic nerve on the other side bothers me. I also get, what feels like a Charlie horse in my back and that really sucks. Laying down helps usually.

I am grateful that I could be included in this years snowmobiling trip. Even though I couldn’t snowmobile, I was happy to listed to stories, gamble, and share laughs with old and new friends.



Comments