Skip to main content

2/15/2023

 I woke up congested. Yuck! Ears plugged, fatigued, throat sore. Is it a byproduct of the weather? I tested for Covid. Negative so far. My nose was plugged in one side and running on the other. I wanted to shove a tampon in the one nostril, but figured that wouldn’t go over well at my meeting this morning.

I was excited about my post op appointment today. I was hoping to get cleared for things like stretching. My range of motion is horrible and I still struggle getting my socks on. 

When I got there, I asked my many questions regarding what is normal and if I could exercise. The doctor answered all of my questions and put me at ease as my right side, I have sciatic pain intermittently. She said that it likely was due to the nerves still healing and that is pretty common. My left side is really good.

When Paul got home from work, he said “How did your appointment go?”

Me: “ it went ok but they told me not to do any house work for the next 6 months.”

Paul “No they didn’t, did they?”

Me “oh yeah, they also told me I should quit my job and have you support me forever, because that is what is best for my back.” HA!

The appointment went well and I got clearance to lift more and start physical therapy as well as start stretching again. Yay!

As the day went on, the more tired I became, still foggy-headed. Every-time I sneezed or blew my nose, I washed my hands or used hand sanitizer. My hands are so dry, but I am hopeful I am not spreading it to the family. Ugh!

So at 6:30, I headed upstairs to bed. Hoping I can just sleep it off. 

7100 steps. Not too bad!


Comments