Skip to main content

2/18/23

Today I had time planned with Avery and Rachel. We went to the store. Before I left, I asked Ethan if he needed anything. I let him know Avery would be joining us for our upcoming trip to NYC.  Avery is going to help drive so that I can work. He didn’t even seem phased by it. I had prepared for a battle. I was thankful it didn’t go to that.

Ethan has also been managing him medications. I have stepped back and let him take over. I do ask every few weeks if he needs a refill on anything. I realized that he hasn’t been taking his thyroid medicine since December. We were denied coverage for some reason and then my back misbehaved and I forgot all about it. Live and learn. At least it wasn’t a rejection medication.

 Avery and I left the house and picked up Rachel. We thrifted for a bit then hopped over to another store to pick up household items. I walked in the store and was greeted with the most friendly and exciting sight! JELLY BEANS! My favorite are the Nerds ones. 

I of course temporarily had forgotten my list of needed items and JELLYBEANS became the only item on my list. Little beans of sugary deliciousness. I realized they didn’t have the Nerds kind in stock. Boo! I grabbed a few other bags of fruity flavors. 

I dropped Rachel and Avery off at the mall and went to a few stores for errands. One of the other stores I went to had the Nerds jellybeans!!!!! I am proud that I was able to exercise self control and only come home with 3 bags of jelly beans.

Avery, Rachel and I went to get Mexican at a local favorite restaurant. They got virgin margaritas. I didn’t get a margarita because I was being responsible. Look at me…..

Before we left I ordered food for Ethan and Paul to surprise them. Who doesn’t love a surprise of Mexican food? Quesadillas for Ethan and a burrito for Paul. Yum! 

Paul, myself, Avery and Rachel watched the movie Best in Show, an epic classic movie that so accurately portrays dog shows and the dogs and handlers that attend them. Hilariously brilliant!

Ethan has been working away at ordering parts for his car and working on it. He gets a little bit done each day and has been picking away at it. I can’t wait for him to get it done and start racing it. I know he and Nicole are going to tear up the racetrack!

I routinely try to do random acts of kindness and pay it forward to strangers. Today I was on a roll. I was holding door for people, waving traffic on and we had a great waitress. She received a generous tip as well as a note from us saying what a great job she did! It made me feel so good to do that too. She deserved it!

My yucky cold and I are going to catch some shut eye.



Comments