Skip to main content

2/21/2023

 We left on time today. Ethan seemed less stressed than our last visit. The last visit was an annual and more invasive. 

Avery drove for a few hours. While she drove, I was able to get a bunch of my work done and that was helpful. I hired 3 more people today and I am one hire away for meeting my goal for this quarter (which ends 3/31/23).

We arrived just before rush hour. Thankfully. Traffic was still bumper to bumper with an average speed 30 miles under the speed limit, but it was SO much better.

Earlier I got a call from the hospital and were told we had to be at the hospital at 10:30, indicating he would have his biopsy around 11:30 and then the echo which would likely put us on the road back home around 2:30-3:30. What a long day.

I immediately and kindly asked/reminded them that we typically are the first appointment of the day. This was going to be horrific to share with Ethan. I was told, unfortunately, we had to go second. I had a downward panic spiral. 

“Please….if there is anyway for us to go first, please….I would be so appreciative.” I was met with….”I am sorry”

Ugh. I quietly had an anxiety tornado going on inside my body. I then got the call to verify the preparation for the biopsy. I spoke to my favorite guy there. He is always so nice and welcoming. He was giving us the times of when Ethan had to stop eating and drinking. He then said…”I was able to move you to the first appointment of the day.”

The clouds opened up and I showered him with thank you’s. Wow!!!!! Such a blessing!

It rained the majority of the drive….but we lived through it.

We arrived at the hotel. My favorite worker was there to greet us when we checked in. This lady is amazing. She remembers us every-time. She remembers my name. She remembers that I always order a margarita. She remembers that we need a room overlooking the highway. Ethan still enjoys watching the cars on the highway. He always has.

I ordered my Cadillac Margarita. It’s so good.

Ethan was in really good spirits. He was engaging in conversation. He was cracking jokes. He was chatty. He was laughing. We loved it. 



Comments

  1. I'm so happy to hear the appointment went well, as did the travel and getting your much deserved Cadillac Margarita at the end. Safe travels home ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winning!!! I'm so glad to hear this update. Cheers to good spirits. Keep it coming! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment