Skip to main content

2/25/23

 I woke up this morning and decided, by popular demand, to do some food prep. Paul was out of town snowmobiling, so I could make a mess of the kitchen without bothering him.

I had some vegetables that I needed to use up so I made a veggie soup. I thawed some tomato purée I had made from fresh garden tomatoes in the fall. Yum! I used that to make a batch of crockpot chili. Then I made some meatloaf that I paired with some green beans for Paul. Lots of yummy lunches and dinners (if I feel lazy) for us.

I gave a few of the dogs a bath and washed all their bedding and caught up on some work stuff. 

Avery came home from her friends house and we hung out together. Ethan had been home all day but the only exchange we had was when I said “good morning”. He has been in his room all day. Too cold to work in the garage.

Tomorrow I have a calling hours to attend away from home. One of my favorite people, her dad passed away. I am going to spend a few days with her. My goal is to make her smile once or twice. 

Grief is such a helpless emotion to support. It seems like the only way to help someone through it is to be present. Be available to chat. Be available to listen. There really aren’t any words that can make grieving better. It is a necessary evil to heal but it just sucks. I have yet to hear some one say “I love grieving, it’s great!”.  If I hear someone say that I will do is all a favor and punch them in the face.

On that note of violence, I am off to bed.


Comments