Skip to main content

2/26/23

 Today was a long day. My good friend survived calling hours and funeral. Afterward was a delicious dinner and get together at a local restaurant. It was nice because it allowed Heather to mingle with everyone that loved her and loved her dad. Tomorrow we will head over to the cemetery and then collect memerobilia from the funeral home. My trusty van has a big trunk we will utilize for this task.

Today was really nice. My friend, Heather had written a eulogy for her father. She stood up and read it. She made eye contact with the proper people. She had a perfect recipe full of half parts humor and half parts sentimental. She executed it beautifully and we all agreed she should be a public speaker. She hated this idea. Ha!

I learned that her father was the guy that would ask “what can I do for you?” We would all benefit if we said this a little more. Maybe the world would be a kinder place.

I watched Heather grieving, but still being a role model for her kids as this is the first death of someone that had been a huge part of their lives. There were several times that I saw her kids gravitate towards her. They would stand next to her or offer her hugs. So sweet.

When we arrived back at her house, Heather was exhausted as one would expect. Her husband and I were laughing at her when she appeared to say something and her words got all jumbled up leaving her drooling a little.

We have our day planned out tomorrow. We just have to get through it. 

Comments

  1. it is so important to be there for our friends. I had to travel for a funeral this weekend and she was so grateful to have all of us by her side.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment