Skip to main content

3/15/2023

Today I got my weekly call from the hospital to let me know about my outstanding bill. They call me. Then put me on hold. Then say they won’t talk to me without Ethan’s consent. We abide by all the rules and I maintain a pleasant persona.

They were calling today about a few claims from November, December 2020 and January 2021. Apparently the insurance company processed the claims, then took the money back. Then they reprocessed the claim….and took the money back AGAIN….stating that we had a lapse in coverage (which we didn’t) as well as Ethan got services that exceeded the allotted amount. 

I had to email my insurance liaison and see if she can get it sorted out. Luckily the amount that we were sent to collections is slowly decreasing as they sort through the mess of billing and our letters of pre-approval.

Here we are 2 plus years later trying to straighten this out. It is frustrating and it has left me jaded. We need to find a better way! I wish I had a solution.

Ethan and I had a chat today. It was the first time in a while we have said more than a few words to one another. He shared that he discontinued therapy. I figured since I hadn’t gotten a bill in a while. It is probably the best decision as he had already chosen to not share his feelings. If he isn’t going to put any work in, he isn’t going to reap any benefit.

He is finding joy. It is mostly in solace. He voiced many things he doesn’t like. Mostly none were anything that could be changed by anyone except him. I know we have to be patient with him. 

Today is the day that daylight savings really caught up to me. I was feeling a bit drained and tired. 


Comments

  1. I'm so glad that Ethan is finding joy in solace. I get this deeply. I also require solace to recharge myself. The rushing deluge (I love that word) of life and people and events is draining. Life can be exciting and energizing too, but it is certainly hard to sustain without some retreat into yourself. Keep up the great insurance fight! Oh, that sounds draining. You are doing great. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment