Skip to main content

🍀 3/17/23

 Happy St. Patrick’s Day! 🍀 

Today I had the most epic interview. I asked a person if they could tell me more about why they have had so many jobs in the past few years. This person started stress talking and sharing far more than they should have.

They shared that they had worked at place number one for 3 months and then had to “go back to rehab” then worked at place number 2, for a couple months but had to “go back to rehab”. After job number three an another trip to rehab I was done listening. We had about 8 more jobs to go in a span of like 3 years. 

I was partly sad because this person is someone’s child. As someone who has watched my own kid struggle from addiction (to drugs he didn’t even choose) and weaning off of substances totally sucks.

However, I hope that the third time was a charm for this person. I hope this person actually put in the hard work and dedication and will stick to it.

We had an evening full of laughter and giggling. Always fun to laugh and giggle. It is medicine for the soul. Those are hard facts!

Happy Birthday Darren!

Comments