Skip to main content

3/2/23

I have to get my kidney levels checked for a routine appointment. I am going to go to the lab first thing because I have a busy work day ahead of me tomorrow.

Unfortunately Ethan and I have to go to different labs which sucks. I stupidly scheduled an earlier meeting so I am going to have to skip Ethan’s lab visit. His choices were to skip and go next week, or drive separate. He is going to go next week.

His mouth sores are resolving thankfully. We cut his dose back and I am anxious to see if with the adjustment, if his Sirolimus level stabilizes. Sirolimus is one of the drugs he takes to help prevent rejection. 

I do read the comments and I appreciate the tip about the magic mouthwash. We have used that before. Ethan felt his sores weren’t too bad and he didn’t want to have to deal with doing the mouthwash. Luckily he mentioned it and we made a med change right away before it got out of hand. 

Paul and I set up a date next Wednesday to donate blood together. I really feel strongly that this is what we should be doing. With all the blood product Ethan went through, it just seems like the right thing to do. It could be a matter of life or death for someone. We have been in that spot and are so thankful to those that donated the blood that saved Ethan.

I am looking forward to dinner with a friend tomorrow. It’s nice to have people that you can pick up where you left off no matter how much time has passed.

Look at these goofballs enjoying each other’s company on the smallest dog bed ever!







Comments