Skip to main content

3/3/23

This morning, I had to get my blood drawn. Ethan was going to go with me but I stupidly scheduled an early meeting a few days ago and I only had time for one lab visit. Since Ethan’s test is timed, I bumped him until next week. I have an annual physical coming up and had to make sure I am healthy enough to continue to prank people.

As I was getting ready to leave I went out to scrape off my car. I saw Avery’s car all covered in frost. I went over to start scraping her car off too. My brain kicked in first though. Wouldn’t it be funny if… I began to think…. If I wrote something in the frost on her car?

I could have drawn inappropriate pictures but I chose a simple phrase that I could complete quickly and wasn’t all that offensive. “Avery smells”!

She came out to her car and stood next to it just smiling away, unaware. Then she figured it out pretty quickly. We shared a laugh. We ended up scraping it off so she could see when she was driving.

Work was a bit busy today and I wasn’t all that focused. That made for a day of constant distractions for me. I wasn’t too productive.

This evening, I met a friend for dinner. I haven’t seen her in several months. It was a wonderful dinner and I loved visiting. We paid the check and continued sitting at the table for another hour at least. As we were leaving, it was snowing sideways. 

It was a long treacherous drive home. I traveled slowly and cautiously. I passed a red SUV that was flipped upside down. The ambulance was already on the scene. It was still better than my drive home from NYC last week.

Once home, I let the dogs out and stoked the fire. The dogs were not very happy about the weather. After a little bit there was a super bright flash in the sky. It brightened our entire living room.  “What was that?” Avery and I were asking each other.

Avery said she thought it was lightening. We then heard the rolling thunder as it boomed across the sky.

I heard Ethan yell from upstairs “it’s SNOW THINDER!!!!!” He was so excited that he got to witness it. He then spent the next half hour standing by the window so he wouldn’t miss anything. He always has been fond of weather events.

It was pretty cool to hear. Avery and I are supposed to volunteer in the morning about 45 minutes away. It should be interesting to see what the weather does overnight.







Comments

  1. You are too funny! That storm was pretty cool. First time for me and I share Ethan's fondness for weather events.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment