Skip to main content

3/5/23

Today I walked out into the garage to get wood to put on the fire. I saw Ethan working on his car.

I was happy seeing him in his groove. At one point I went out and I just saw his feet sticking out from under the car. It was funny.

We went to Drag me to Dinner tonight. This is a show with drag queens dressed to the nines. Their makeup was done beautifully. Their show brought joy to every single person in the room. It was a comedy show. My cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing. It is a show to celebrate our differences, accept them and have fun with them. 

The drag queens have been targeted recently and there has been legislation passed that in certain states it can be considered a felony to have minors present for shows. This is if I am interpreting it correctly.  My personal feeling are, if you don’t want your kids at those shows, don’t take them. 

If your kids are mature enough and open minded enough to accept people for who they are, then take them. If not, don’t take that. It is as simple as that. What are we punishing these? My stance is leave them alone.

We had a friend of the family pass away. He was the patriarch of his family. He was a golf lover. He was a staple team player during cousins weekend, being a superb bocce player. We are sad for what he and his family have had to go through over the past couple weeks.     I am sure silence screams loudly for the family right now.



Comments

  1. I'm so sorry for the passing of your friend.
    And I agree with the drag shows and minors - and leaving to each his or her or however they identify their own.
    I'm loving seeing Ethan's updates on his car work on Instagram. It makes my heart happy to see him progressing with this project and having fun.
    Although I'm thinking, too, that Paul is having OCD over his garage ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you find out when the Drag shows are? I would love to go to one. I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. In total agreement about minors "seeing something" mentality. Don't bring them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just google Rochester, drag show. They are at lovin cup. You could go to their website for for dates/times. They are hilarious. It is a mix of comedy and dancing/lip syncing.

      Delete

Post a Comment