Skip to main content

4/10/23

 We got up and had a nice breakfast with family before departing the hotel. It is fun just sitting around chatting and giggling at different things. Poking fun at life happening around you as well as people watching.

I hope that I have helped others feel the same way as they were people watching me. I am certain I have. Occasionally in crowded areas I do the “point at the sky” prank. I just randomly point at the sky and ask the person I am with (who is in on the joke) if they “see it”. They respond excitedly, stating they have never seen one before. The person and I will excitedly chat about “it” but there is nothing there. There are suddenly a group of people looking for “it” in the sky.

I logged into my weekly meeting on our commute home. I was able to work and ride. Such a cool thing. I love being able to combine my time like that in such a useful way.

Somehow, a few nights ago, I injured myself in my sleep. I am at the age where it happens. There is no time of day safe from injury anymore. I can’t turn my head to the left. Paul made sure he spent time with me always standing on my left so I looked like a dingbat trying to turn and look at him. I have been massaging, heating, stretching and swearing about it for the past few days. The bright side is…at least I can still be upright.

I made a few different selections for dinner. Meatloaf, chicken, and scalloped potatoes with a homemade cheese sauce with broccoli. I was able to freeze 13 meals for my meal prep out of tonight’s dinner options. So I likely won’t cook for the rest of the week.

The weather was warm and amazing today. I worked on our screened in porch with the sun shining on me. It was glorious. I loved it!

Comments