Skip to main content

4/16/2023

Life is a series of moments. Some moments are good, some are bad. Some you wish had never happened. Some moments are strung together and seem like a long string of bad luck or good fortune depending on the circumstance and your point of view.

While some celebrate their good moments, others are just trying to get through their bad ones. They just try to survive the day and can’t think about the future. 

Today I was enjoying my good friend, cup of coffee. Consuming friends….sounds like a new crime podcast. As I was drinking my coffee and letting it warm my hands and soul, I was enjoying the birds singing, the dogs being silly and somewhat annoying and I decided to make a healthy breakfast. 

I walked into the kitchen and saw Ethan sitting outside on our swinging bench. He was enjoying the patio as well as nature and sunshine. I was so excited I got to witness this moment. I stood and watched like a creeper, him swinging back and forth, feet dangling, like he was 4 years old.

A little while later he came in the house and sat in the living room. I asked him a question and it was clear he didn’t want to engage. So I left him alone. At least he is visible. He is getting more muscular and his facial hair is getting longer.   I try really hard to find my joy each day.  It has been easier since the weather has gotten better. I can remember when taking a shower and getting a cup of coffee were my joy in the hospital.

There were many other moments that I caught. Ethan and Jiminy snuggling. Ethan was  people watching out our front window. This evening, Ethan and Paul had a discussion about car stuff. I am thankful that he is engaging with us little by little. 



Comments

  1. Enjoying the small moments is a beautiful thing. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Ethan (and your little fur baby) look so good and healthy in this picture! I am so happy for these sweet moments for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment