Skip to main content

4/17/23

I was up in the night for 3 hours. Just wide awake. Thinking about the stupidest most random things. I had some weird and disturbing dreams prior to this little wake festival at 1:30 am.

My mind was wandering to the most random and occasionally gross places. I was thinking that my taxes weren’t done yet. I was thinking about animals and what a great parenting model they provide for humans (the kids are too loud? Just eat them.) My mind even wandered to how do blind people know when to stop wiping? Why? Why am I thinking about that?

I listened to Paul’s rhythmic snoring. He sounded like he was totally enjoying his sleep. With each snore, he was bragging a little about how he was sleeping and I wasn’t.

I took a melatonin and hoped for the best. Finally I fell back asleep around 4:30 am. I was able to sleep in until 6:45, thankfully.

I know taxes are a necessary evil. We got our last tax form on Friday. Ugh! Luckily out tax preparer has had everything else for the past few weeks. I do hate the $3100 bill that comes along with taxes. Ouch! At least they are done.  I should know better, but I asked if I could put it on my credit card. The government knows better and will not accept this. 

Today was a busy Monday. I made Paul watch a bunch of silly and inappropriate reels tonight. The two of us were cracking up. The kids bailed on us. I actually think Avery was doing homework. Our cackles and snickers were resonating through the house as we inched our way closer to the elevator to Hell. At least we will see a lot of familiar faces there. You know who you are.

Ethan worked today. He got home and went to his room, but his door was open. Small but significant signs in a positive direction. I am thankful he is still a pain in my ass. I do mean that in a loving way.




Comments

  1. There's only one special person in my life who would ponder when a blind person stops wiping.
    I laughed out loud at this. Truly... you could still make a career in stand up. You have so much material! Taxes.. sigh. Never ever take your paycheck and figure out what you actually make an hour after the taxes come out. It's not uplifting at all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment