Skip to main content

4/2/23

Ethan had to file for taxes this year. This is his first year ever. As kids age, their “firsts” get fewer and farther between. I still experience my “first” time doing something occasionally. It’s such a weird concept that I could never appropriately convey the excitement I have when it happens.

We sat together on the couch. I have NEVER filed my own taxes. I have never done them online. I told Ethan that I would help him but that I had no experience.

We read through everything and filled everything out the best of our knowledge. We did have some outside of the box questions about 529 plans, disability, SSI and Medicare. Fingers crossed we answered those correctly.

 There were a few swear words spoken loudly regarding the process of taxes. Ethan descriptively shared his thoughts on getting taxed by the government. I can remember having the same thoughts the first time I had to pay the government.

Ethan stayed in the living room with Paul and I when he was done. I just love when he gives us his time. It makes things feel more like they used to be. We still haven’t been “normal” since before the first transplant. When he is with us, I feel like Nicole is with us too. I want her to feel included in our family. (I know that doesn’t make sense, but for me it does.) 

Ethan was interacting with the dogs. He was even smiling here and there. He does have a soft spot in his heart for Jiminy. Ethan put Jiminy on the window perch we have for Ferguson so he can properly use his surveillance skills to assess the safety of the neighborhood at all times.

It was nice to feel the brief period of normal.


Avery, Rachel and I met up with some friends to go thrifting across town. We love thrifting. It is cheap. You can really find some nice, name brand items in great shape, and it is so fun when you come across something you didn’t need, but you have now decided that you DO need.

I had that feeling with a hideous American flag dress. I NEEDED it. I have grandiose plans to parade around in it during the 4 th of July. I even created a name for the outfit. The “Nation Celebration”. What a find! I did spend quite a bit on it(Sarcasm!). It was $6.00.

Smitten with my new outfit with it’s own name and it’s own holiday, we went to the next store. Didn’t my bestie find me these epic glasses. I was all in! It’s so bad it is great, if that makes sense. I can’t wait to wear it. With the glasses at $2.00, the entire ensemble was $8.00!



If I thrift and find a patriotic bracelet or earrings, I may pick those up as well. 

I am looking forward to the nice weather.



Comments

  1. My alter-ego Nancy just loves your fourth of July ensemble! You will look just fabulous darling....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan is not alone with tax annoyance. We use Turbo Tax and it still stresses me out. Who knows all those strange questions? Not I. I recommend NEVER taking your paycheck and figuring out what you "actual" bring home hourly. It is NOT ever close to what you are "suppose" to be making hourly. So very happy that Ethan is engaging with you. That is lovely progress.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment