Skip to main content

4/26/2023

I watched a story today about someone that donated their kidney to a stranger they had met at a bar. I got thinking about a friend of mine who’s son had a heart transplant around the same time as Ethan. This kid also had to have a bone marrow transplant years earlier. I think back on my childhood and am so glad I didn’t have to deal with these hard ships.

I got thinking. I did a quick search and decided to request a testing kit to be considered as a bone marrow donor. Why not? It felt really good to recently find out that my blood donation traveled to Rome Community Hospital as well as Newark-Wayne Community Hospital. Ethan had so many blood transfusions that I don’t think I could ever begin to make a dent on repayment to those that selflessly gave their blood to help save him.



So, even though it wasn’t on my radar when I woke up, I will get my testing kit soon and then move forward with that.

What other things can I donate? Stool. Yup! They need donors. I filled out a questionnaire to be a stool donor but it takes about 6 months to hear back if you qualify for testing. I may not qualify for that one. You have to be in tip top shape for that one.

When I was telling Paul, he crumpled his face up “who the hell wants that?” He said in disgust. My question is…who doesn’t???? Ha!

Ethan came into the living room in the middle of the day while I was working. While we didn’t say much to each other, we did end up having a nice chat. I was glad about that. He also enjoyed being around the dogs.


He had quite the audience as he was doing some computer work.

Comments

  1. paying it forward ❤️
    and I love how Jiminy is clammering to get up there with Ethan and Penny!
    I will have to look into the stool sample thing. I'm full of sh*t, so there's plenty to donate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stool? Hideous! No, no, no.... What in the world do they need that for?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment