Skip to main content

5/18/23

 I had a work meeting first thing this morning. So I jumped in the shower right away and picked out my meeting outfit. My meeting outfit was very professional and fancy. It consisted on grey sweatpants bought at the thrift store but I knew they can from Walmart. Secondhand Walmart sweatpants. SEXY!

 My shirt was a pink sweatshirt with a cowl neck so I look fancy. Don’t worry, this is what the others wear. We have all worked with animals and are the kind of people that animals ruin our nice things. We are used to not having nice things and not being fancy.

Standing in the bathroom, I had my sweatpants on and a bra as I was applying my lotion and deodorant. It was quite a sight. Avery walked in and saw my half ensemble. All of my imperfections were hanging out for her to see….and I don’t really care. I have scars. I have rolls. I have dimples in places they shouldn’t be…..but man…I am still moving forward so I consider it a win.

“Do you know who the designer is of this outfit?” I asked her.

“Flawssssss by Patricia DiIulio.” I said.

It was a super BAD joke but it hit her just the right way and she busted up laughing and that set the tone for my morning. Yay!

I took 75% of my total dogs to the vet for vaccines. It was nice to see familiar faces. I felt bad with my traveling shit show prancing through. 

Work was luckily slow, so I had a chance to catch up on ALOT! I was thankful for this gift of time.

I sent in my sample for plasma donation, I am curious to hear back so I can start donating some plasma. The Red Cross said they need platelets as well. That is a 3 hour process. I pulled the parent move on the phone and said “we’ll see”. I am half considering it but I need to learn more about it.

Allergies are attacking Paul. He was feeling it today. Mine were a bit more under control. Avery felt tired today.

Besides making Avery laugh today, the other bright spot was that on my way to bed, I dropped Jiminy off in Ethan’s room. Jiminy has slept the past several nights with Ethan. ❤️


Comments

  1. I have often wondered; why are body dimples so cute on babies but not cute on an adult woman. 🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment