Skip to main content

5/21/23

 Last night there was drama in the neighborhood. Paul had fallen asleep on the couch and was awakened by what seemed like a rave. Nope, just police lights. Someone hopped the ditch at the neighbors house. They woke up with the police knocking at their door. A parents worst nightmare on the night of senior ball (their son went to ball). I felt like I was going to puke for them when I heard the story. I can’t even imagine those brief moments when they worried their son wasn’t safe. Thankfully, everyone was ok and walked away from the incident. 

This time of year makes me so nervous. There are always so many tragic car accidents or event, it terrifies me. The only peace I get is that I know I raised a good kid and don’t have to worry about her choices…just everyone else’s. No pressure.

Ethan requested a haircut today. I took quite a bit off. I sweeper up his hair and told him that some bird is really going to have a warm nest because of his donation. I usually put the hair on the ground outside and it quickly disappears.

Avery came home mid afternoon and took a nap. She needed to recharge her batteries. She was snuggled under a blanket.

Today was a work day. Laundry, haircut, situating our camper after a long winter, weeding, replanting, meal prep (29 meals made), groceries, and then I logged into work for 2 hours (2 hours less I have to work tomorrow). I am going to try to put in some extra hours tomorrow and then relax on Tuesday when the weather is supposed to be so nice. I have some planting to do, so I look forward to that.


Many meals were prepped. Shepard’s pie, chicken and potatos, chicken and rice, pizza loaf….k

Ethan spent some time up in the tree again today. I love watching small signs of pre-transplant Ethan surface. On my way to bed, I Ubered Jiminy up to Ethan’s room where Jim promptly snuggled in. I like their routine.

It was a productive day.



Comments

  1. I'm so glad everyone was okay in the accident! Remember our little car accident back in the day? I swear time went slow motion. I can still replay it in my head. Your meal prep is awe inspiring. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment