Skip to main content

6/19/23

 Penny acts and sounds like a pig sometimes. It got me thinking about pigs today and what cool animals they are.

They are social animals (like Penny) and often sleep touching each other (nose to nose). When people, including myself, say “I am sweating like a pig”, they fail to remember that pigs don’t have sweat glands which is why they roll in the mud to cool down…and prevent sunburn. Penny rolls in stuff but it is usually dead or poop.

Pigs like belly rubs and so does Penny.  Pigs have great memories and are very smart….well that proves Penny isn’t a pig or even part pig….but I still love her.

Ethan worked today as well as Avery. The house was quiet. Avery got home from work and then went to hang out with her BFF. Ethan came home and we invited him to sit out on the patio with us. He actually came out and sat with us. He is not looking forward to the next 2 days. I am glad he verbalized it.

He mostly is not looking forward to the echo. I get anxiety because I don’t like when they stick us with a student learning what images to take. He gets worked up and that causes me stress. Ugh!

We will see how Nicole’s heart is doing in it’s new home. She seems to be doing a great job of working together with Ethan to keep him moving forward. We just have to make sure she is protected and taken care of properly. I do like that our visits are becoming fewer and fewer.

I just want to get these next two days over with. They are long days and they suck. I am grateful that Ethan will be doing some of the driving so that I can work in the car while he drives.

I was missing my Phineas today. I keep looking for him. Then I remember that he is gone. At least he isn’t hurting. I am thankful for that. He always would stay close to the kids. Best. Dog. Ever!






Comments