Skip to main content

6/28/23

 I noticed a shift in Penny over the last few days. She is on high alert. I think she has embraced her new role as the protector of the family. I went to the bathroom this morning and she was guarding the door. She was sitting at the top of the stairs making sure NO-ONE was going to get past her.



We are in the pre-vacation mode. I don’t feel like working. There is no food in the house because everything is “for camping”. For dinner I had some left over chicken and some sweet tarts.

We eat well when we camp. Wish Ethan was coming with us but he will hold the fort down while we are away. The things I like about camping are that there are no rules, no schedules, no concrete plans. The hardest decision will be what bathing suit to wear.

Tomorrow I am excited to pick up the groceries and put them in the camper. It’s one of the last steps before leaving. Everything else is in there. 

I am working all day Friday so we won’t be leaving until later. Paul and I travel separate. We process our traveling stress at different times and in different ways. We aggravate each other to the fullest extent. We found it is best not to be together in the car to avoid conflict.

It works for me. My role is to deliver the dogs, girls (Rachel is coming) and rabbit safely. I also am towing the jet ski’s, so that is my important job.

We have a nice drive. The girls pick the play list, we drug the animals so they just sleep through it, and stop for junk food on the way.

I am looking forward to this trip. I am also looking forward to not smelling smoke from the darn Forrest fires!


Comments

  1. Yeah for summer camping!! We also will experience some pre-travel/pre-camping stress this next week. There's always so much to do before leaving home base. I always think, why are we doing this? But then... once settled in a camp site, time slows down and the magic begins. Cheers to making this summer count! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment