Skip to main content

6/9/23

 Today was a day of visiting. I visited my Sarah and my Heather. The weather wasn’t too bad for a road trip. Paul and myself and our friends participated in an alumni event at the college we met at. We are able to stay in the suites on campus, with a dedicated DD driving everyone around. It’s a fun event that we have done with many different friends over the years.

When Heather and I arrived, we confused the poor guy at check in because we were with our husbands, we didn’t know when they would arrive, like we are massive swingers.

Our beds were college mattresses, thankfully rubber proof and impenetrable to bodily fluids. I put a thick barrier down between the mattress and my body just in case. The mattress is as stiff as a board.

Heather and I walked all around the quaint little  town. We stopped at a shop or two to support the local economy.

We walked all around town remembering buildings and sharing memories that we shared. “That’s the roof I used to sit on to heckle people, until one time I fell.” “That house has a basement that probably still smells.” 

Tomorrow we will walk around campus. It is so hilly! I must have had legs of steel living here. It will be a great reminder of how out of shape I am.



Comments

Post a Comment