Skip to main content

8/1/23

 Today was a catch up day. Well….a “I tried to catch up” day. My email inbox is overflowing….but I am getting there.

I was able to go on a few quick walks around the field between meetings. The dogs liked it. The sunshine was nice and the weather was perfect.

I closed my computer at 4:00 and will not open it until tomorrow. 

I started to read the news. I read about a local family that lost their son to a car accident. Then I read that the same parents lost their other son to a car accident last fall. I almost started crying for these people I don’t even know. How awful and devastating. 

It makes things like a bad flight home seem so trivial. Awful and gut popping stories like this help to reset our worry-stress meter. I am sure the parents would just like to hug their kids one last time.



Comments

  1. excellent perspective

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sad. I'm glad you are settling after your epic adventures. It sounded truly epic in so many ways. Some more great stories. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment