Skip to main content

8/13/23

 Ethan mowed the lawn today. This is a big deal because last summer he refused. He is now helping around the house and it is so wonderful. These little steps are actually big steps.

I did some gardening. In the process a bee flew by my neck. I thought it was a mosquito. So I swatted at it causing it to sting me. Ouch. What I didn’t know is that I swatted it down my bra. It was inside my bra for the journey around the house inside to get an ice pack.

I felt another stinging sensation around my boob and that little sucker got me again. I disrobed in my kitchen and found it. I preformed a swift euthanasia (not so humane). I feel bad that he won’t be pollinating my flowers but he can’t declare war and expect to win.

I went back out to get back to work. Turns out, I was working around a ground bee entrance to their hive. I was NOT welcome. I brought a can of bee spray to help me combat some of these jerks. I think I need to use the powder that kills them.

Avery is healing nicely. Paul finally arrived home. We chatted and did some yard work. I made yummy Reuben sandwiches for dinner on ciabatta bread. Yum!

We sat around on our patio this evening, enjoying the wonderful weather. Jiminy was out and getting so sleepy.

It was such a beautiful day!

Comments

  1. Ground bees do not like garlic powder. I poured some around the entrance for a few days and they moved out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Bee stings are the worst! I can't believe it went down your shirt. What bad luck on that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment