Skip to main content

😳 8/21/23

Spent another 40 minutes on the phone with collections. I had to go over the 12 separate bills from November 2020. Having to listen to the woman state the account numbers, date of service, and amounts due for all 12 accounts. I know it is her job…but I have the paper with the information on my counter….always. Each month, replacing the old one. 

Of course we had to get Ethan’s permission for her to talk to me about his account. I know it is a rule they have in place for a reason, but everytime I tell them to put a note on his chart. It seems it is too difficult to look for that note every time. Ugh!

Today was a bit different as the woman demanded money from me for a “good faith” payment. In what world does this make sense? The insurance company and the hospital are having miscommunications. They are both making mistakes. So I have to pay because you aren’t doing your job efficiently or correctly?

I asked the woman if she ordered a product from Amazon and it never arrived, would she still just pay for it in “good faith”? No! She would hold whomever accountable and they would correct the error. Not today Crystal! Sorry! You will NOT get my credit card information.

I asked her what about the magic number of 2 years and 9 months after the date of service that would qualify me for this fee. She couldn’t come up with an educated reason other than “I am a debt collector, you owe this money.” When I told her about our letters of pre-approval and how we didn’t actually owe the money, she still was heckling me about my “card information.” 

I was feeling pretty sour after that. I channeled my inner drunken sailor word bank, and proceeded to string a list of foul language sentences in my head. They quickly formed anger statements that felt good to quietly think. I didn’t even want to have good faith. I wanted to have bad faith. A completely childish and unrealistic emotion…but I wanted it in that moment just to be spiteful!

There was no card information given. Yay! 

I went on another walk around our field. Then did some power cooking as I felt my day was unproductive as a whole. I whipped up a couple different meals and was able to stick them in the freezer and then bathed the dogs and changed their bedding. There! Now I can feel like I was productive today.

It is kind of silly the coping skills we develop. Oh well! They are mine and I had to work through it…AGAIN! I can’t wait until these bills are paid off. Paid off by the people that should pay them off.


Comments