Skip to main content

8/22/23

 Penny had some drama today. She was outside and the Fed Ex truck came into our yard. This was very offensive to her. She proceeded to aggressively bark. The delivery guy wouldn’t come out until I picked all 12 pounds of her up and put her in the house. She was then a bit pissy that he was there.


She wouldn’t take her eyes off him and verbalized her hatred for him the entire time he was in the driveway. What a protective and loyal little dog. I did feel bad for her as she had an upset tummy for most of the day. She felt sad about it and moped around the majority of the day. I am hoping she works through her tummy issues.

Rachel came over tonight. The girls seemed excited. I asked if they wanted to go out for “The last supper” before Avery moves off to college. They jumped at the chance.

Ethan wanted to come too. This was surprising and exciting. Paul met us at my favorite restaurant, Margaritas. We NEVER have to wait for a table, the food is always affordable and excellent, they have fast and attentive service! Why would you go anywhere else?

As we sat there I recalled another Mexican place we went to in the spring that was horrific in comparison. Paul could easily see why I come to this restaurant as much as possible. No one has any complaints….except Avery. She complained that some idiot parked behind her making backing out of her spot quite difficult. I didn’t drink because I had a margarita…..I mean that is the name of the restaurant…so it would be wrong if I didn’t order it.

The 5 of us chatted away and our food came quick. Everything tasted great. Ethan rode with Paul and Avery drove Rachel and I home.

We then loaded the van up with all of Avery’s things she wants to take tomorrow morning. Ethan and Avery worked together loading her refrigerator in my van.

Paul will venture to the dorms later in the day. 

I will miss having Avery around the house. It will be a different house without her silly energy. Ultimately, I am excited to see how she grows. I am proud of her.


Comments

  1. An exciting day indeed! Avery is on to her next chapter in life- and she's going to kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the college trip and I know Avery will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment