Skip to main content

9/16/23

 This morning I woke up with an overwhelming sense of gratitude in my heart. It was a nice feeling and I am not sure where it came from. It really washed over me as I sat quietly in the living room. Everyone was asleep because I am an early bird.

I logged in to my work computer as I do have some things I needed to prepare. We have new team members starting in a week. I needed to get my notes cleaned up and ready to hand over. 

I am proud to say that they hired two new people to divide up my territory. For the last SEVERAL months I have been doing the work of 3 people. I thought about asking for 3 salaries ha ha.

As I typed away and enjoyed the quiet (all but a cricket some place in the house and the humming of fans). My view was spectacular.

I am so thankful I can take this job with me. I really do enjoy it. I also enjoy the strategic planning and troubleshooting that goes into it.

Maybe this is life rewarding me for surviving the past few years?

The water was sparkling and then a family of ducks paddled by…..beautiful!

We went to Sampson State Park this afternoon for the retro camper show. There were so many cute, restored older campers, some nearly 50 years old.  It was a step back in time as well as creativity with the current owners of the campers. Most people let us go in their campers to see!

















The weather was perfect. Not too warm, not too cold. The sun was out, helping our bodies to make vitamin D.

We went the Three Brothers Winery. We were there most of the afternoon. It was epic people watching. We had a great table near the bar and enjoyed sipping a Bombshell Cider.

The evening involved hanging out on the dock, a campfire and sharing stories of life’s trials and tribulations proving that we all have hardship and trauma, it just presents itself in different ways for different families.

Paul and I gravitate towards friendships that may not communicate daily, but when together, it seems like no time has passed. I find that valuable!

The teasing, the pranks (Heather hid in the closet and jumped out to startle me!) the laughter, that’s what make it work. There is also the “who’s wedding was it that the painting of Abraham Lincoln was stolen?” Type reminiscing. “Who’s wedding was it that xx barfed all over the bathroom and his wife had to use the neighbors bathroom?”…

What are you thankful for today?

Happy Birthday Carrie!



Comments

  1. ♥️. Thank you! And I’m so happy you are having a wonderful time. The weather is perfect! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment