Skip to main content

9/2/23

 I took the dogs on a walk this morning. As I was walking I stopped and aren’t a in the hospitals with their kids.closed my eyes. I could hear nothing but the lake, the wind ruffling through the leaves, the bugs looking for their mates singing away and nothing else.

I felt the sun on my skin and the warm breeze through my hair. I could smell the fresh cut field as it is drying and preparing to become feed for animals. I like taking moments like these to sort of freeze time and be present in the moment. I thought about people that don’t have that opportunity. Parents in the hospital with their kids round the clock.

We had a leisurely day. I spent time walking and caring for the dogs. We did walks. They each got time to sunbathe.

We had some excitement as a raccoon was running around. We tried to follow it for a bit. He finally was able to shake us.

We had an excellent dinner. We didn’t think we were going to be able to have a fire. It was a bit windy. We found a still spot and set up the portable fire pit. 




Comments