Skip to main content

9/23/23

 I have been tired the last couple days as I have blogged and was falling asleep. 

Today was great! I took Rachel and Avery to Hidden Valley Animal Adventure. If you like touching animals and feeling them, this place is great!

The petting zoo is fun because it has goats, donkeys, llama’s, horses, ponies, and more. The goats are fun because they are a little naughty sometimes. Some of their voices sound like Mongolian throat singers. (Look it up…it really does!)

The scenery is beautiful. The leaves are just starting to change. There were hints of red, yellow and orange spread through the backdrop of the rolling hills covered with trees.

We got on the safari. There are all sorts of animals that come over to eat. Water Buffalo, elk, llamas, zebras cows, ostrich, emu and more. They don’t mind if you touch them. I would give a nose rub or head Pat along with the food I offered. I loved every second of it.

We finished up there and I took the girls to our house. Avery was tired and needed a minute to rest up. I headed over to visit with my mom. Brian came to visit her as well for the day. After visiting, Brian, myself, Avery, Rachel and Kristen went out to dinner.

The meal was great! The dinner time chatter was light, fun and hilarious! It’s a good group to eat with.

Paul is spending the weekend up North riding 4 wheelers. Ethan spent his day going to cars and coffee, then hosting a little car get together at our house. He did burnouts/donuts in the driveway.

One of the guys watching asked me if I got upset by Ethan doing the burnouts. I wasn’t sure how to put it into words but it went kind of like “ there was a time when I thought burnouts weren’t in Ethan’s future. The fact that he is still here doing burnouts makes me thrilled.” Someday, the hustle and bustle of our house will quiet down and I will wish that Ethan was still living at home doing burnouts in the driveway. 

Perspective is key!



Comments