Skip to main content

10/28/23

 Avery came home this morning before she had to go to work. Paul and I slept in, so I didn’t get to see her for very long. I told her she can wake me up the next time. I typically don’t wake up well and swing at people…so I told her to stay down by my feet.

Ethan had some of the guys over today. They worked on their go carts and rode them around the field. They are fine tuning them for next weekends big go cart event near our house. Ethan is pretty excited for it. I was glad Ethan had a fun day. He deserved it after the week he has had.

I still felt off and tired today. It seemed to improve as the day went on.I just feel lethargic and unmotivated. I still have a runny nose and am certain this is viral. I got another week to go before it should run it’s course. Paul also felt tired and sluggish. We still accomplished a lot of “get ready for the cold weather” chores.

This evening there was a short time where all 4 of us were in the living room together. It was nice. Then Paul got grossed out by the movie we were watching and left the room gagging and ultimately the house, to play in the garage.

After the movie, Ethan went outside and texted me to come into the field to look at the moon. Avery and I joined him and we were looking at the full moon. It was impressive.  You could see the planet “Uranus” which brought on a slew of inappropriate jokes.

The cool thing was, the moon had a lunar halo. A halo is a large ring of light that forms around the moon. The moonlight refracts off of the ice crystals that are hanging out in the sky.

It was a show stopper. What a gift. I wish it didn’t mean that things were going to get cold. I really enjoyed the pleasant weather this week. I am thankful that I was able to gather several bags of sticks to use as fire starters this winter.





Comments