Skip to main content

10/3/2023

 More menacing calls from the hospital and collections. I am so tired of dealing with these calls. Let us move on. I don’t even have the emotional availability to deal with it this week.

I set up Ethan’s annual biopsy for next month. We have a new scheduler. She said we couldn’t request the first appointment of the day. That is false. So I have to construct a letter to send in to get assistance setting it up so that we can have our appointments back to back to get back on the road and get home.

He took the news well that I set up his appointment, which was a nice surprise and unexpected. I then had to set up Ethan’s nephrology appointment in addition to his EKG, echocardiogram and heart biopsy. His doctor was out of town for the day we were trying to schedule. They recommended we drive back the following week for nephrology. Um…NO! I pushed for a virtual appointment. Luckily his doctor is easy going and this will be ok.

Annoyed, I decided to take the dogs for a walk. The sun was out. The air was warm. I finished my work day with a meeting that was an hour long. I sat outside in a rocking chair during my meeting. I watched Penny chew on a bone during the meeting and decided that if I have to put up with lingering hospital crap, then I should be able to sit outside while I work.

I also called in 7 of Ethan’s medications for refills. I know the people at the pharmacy by their first name. I love it too. We aren’t just a number. We are people that share their community.

It’s sort of a joke when I call….”do you have a big pad to write on? This is going to be a lengthy order.”  I call the prescription number off digit by digit.  The lady types it into the computer and calls out the name of the medication and I verify. They will all be ready by tomorrow.

This evening Paul was out. Ethan and I got sucked into Dateline. We watched it together for a bit. I was thankful for that. I enjoyed my time with him. 

Comments

Post a Comment