Skip to main content

11/12/23

I was tired today! I felt sluggish. I ended up taking a two hour nap. Phew! Then I was ready to go to a friends house for a daytime campfire. We ate chili and donuts. What more could you ask for?

Ethan went to his friends house for a bit. This made me so happy. I heard him on the phone chatting with his buddies earlier today. I am so thankful that he was asked and was able to go. Any little bit helps Ethan socialize and blend in with the general population. I know this sounds silly, but I think he is sometimes held back because he was stunted socially a bit with everything he went through.

Avery did end up shaving her head yesterday afternoon. She is bold. She has the perfect head shape for it.  She still has a significant scar on her head from when she cut it open on a nail in the chicken coop when she was 4. It looks like she was stabbed in the head. She could really evolve that story into whatever she wants it to be. Ha!

We are getting closer to being able to have a fire in our fire place. Paul has been stacking wood diligently. He has been splitting wood multiple times a week. He is a workaholic. I am looking forward to the fireplace.

Even though I took a nap, I was still ready for bed around 7:30. I listened to my body and caved. I went to bed and did t regret a thing.

Today I was grateful for the sunshine. The way it made the leaves still left on the trees, shimmer. It just made the fall colors more brilliant. So pretty and it felt nice on my skin.




Comments