Skip to main content

11/2/23

 Gene had his gallbladder removed today. I was the driver. I was glad I got to help in some way.

Of course being at the hospital is always an experience. Almost everyone is civil and has manners. Then there are the ones with no self awareness, no manners and are annoying.

This man came over and sat down near me. He had a rattle in his chest with each breath he took, that I guessed by his smell, was from smoking. He then proceeds to get a phone call with his ring tone volume on the phone at full blast. He didn’t answer the call on ring one, two or three. He looked at his phone for rings one, two and three though. Of course he didn’t walk outside or even move. He took the call on and proceeded to put it on speaker phone. 

He received several calls today. He let them ring several times before he would answer. Every call was taken on speaker phone. Even the one about his court date. I don’t understand this behavior. I don’t understand letting it ring for an extended period of time while the phone is in your hand and you are looking at it. Do you just enjoy your ringtone that much?

Gene was a beast. He was in and out of the hospital in under 6 hours. It was like a drive through gall bladder removal. He walked to the car like no big deal. He got home and was walking around.

I finished up work and was lazy for the rest of the evening. Ethan and Paul worked together in the garage for a bit. I love that this is happening again.

Comments