Skip to main content

11/27/23

 Happy Birthday to my nephew, Jason! He is 21 today! How did that happen?

Today I found out that someone made a mistake in HR and I thought Avery was switched over to my insurance. I have an email that says so. I have green check marks in my HR app that say “approved” but when I inquired about her insurance card, I got a generic email saying “she is not covered”.

There was no further instruction, just an email letting me know she wasn’t covered. “Thanks!”

Because the email was so informative (sarcasm), I called and got someone on the phone. She was quite unhelpful. The person that no longer works there, approved something she shouldn’t have, and they never pushed through the insurance coverage.

This unhelpful human kept telling me over and over that Avery “wasn’t covered” but had no solutions. She was just talking in circles and repeating herself.

After poking and prodding with open ended questions, I FINALLY got her to realize that I understood there was a mistake and just wanted to know how to fix it.  Things like “how do you propose we fix this?” I really exercised my patience!

I finally found out what I needed to do to get this insurance approved and retro activated. I had to provide a document that is obtained by the state of NY. 

Once obtained, I have to retro activate her coverage. Since It has been a couple months, basically my paycheck next pay period will be like $200. Awesome! $200 for 2 weeks at Christmas.

Then the next portion of the battle starts. First barriers was trying to actually get someone with a pulse on the phone. Once this was accomplished (multiple phone calls picking different options), I was able tot all to someone.

He asks me all sorts of questions. Finally once verified that it was me, I tell him what I need. He tells me that he will mail me a letter saying that Avery no longer has coverage. Problem is, I need this done by Friday. 

I asked if he could email me a letter. He insisted that I already had a copy. I do not. He couldn’t email me. His solution was, “check the mail daily”. Insert my face. I had this face on the entire time!


After about 20 minutes of trying to come up with ideas as to how to get this letter, he busts out with….”have you logged into your online account?”

No! I hadn’t. I had forgotten that I even had an account. I must have set it up in 2020, which was kinda a busy year for us.

I was able to log in and download the copy of the letter. I then uploaded the letter to my HR account. Tomorrow will be the next steps. What a pain in the ass!

So I have to continue to work on this tomorrow. 

I am proud of myself that I didn’t outwardly lose my temper. Kindness won. 

I am also thankful we are able to get Avery covered despite this debacle.

I am thankful that I have planned for Christmas all year long and have my Christmas money set aside, so the $200 paycheck, while inconvenient l, will not be the end of the world.

I am thankful for Paul listening to me tell the story of my woahs, with colorful language. I felt better venting about it.


Comments

  1. That picture is perfect. Sorry about the struggle, I'm proud of you for staying calm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment